How do I know what size to order?
Our footwear is not made to Australian sizing but to American and some to European.
- American sizes for Ladies are the same as Australian.
- American sizes for Men are about half a size smaller than Australian; so if you wear an Australian men’s 8½ then your American size will normally be 9.
Please refer to the Sizing Guide below for more information.
What do the letters in the size mean?
The letters represent width.
For ladies, we stock B, C, M, W
B and M represent a medium or more narrow width
C and W represent a wider width
Australians generally have wider feet than our American cousins, so we choose to stock C or W width when possible.
However, you will find the majority of ladies shoes available on the market today are made to B or M width.
For men, we carry D, M, E, EE, EEE, EW, W
D, M and E represent a more narrow fit
EE, EW and W stand for a wider fit
Occasionally we stock EEE, which is very wide
Just about all our men's footwear is supplied in one of the wider sizes
How to measure my foot.
If you are not sure of your Australian size then please do the following:
- Put a blank piece of paper on uncarpeted floor with the short edge square against a wall.
- Stand bare foot on the paper with your heel touching the wall.
- Have someone else make a pencil mark on the paper to show the end of your longest toe.
- Measure the distance in centimetres between the pencil mark and the edge of the paper that was touching the wall.
- Refer to our sizing chart below to find the size corresponding to the length of your foot.
- When you are not exactly sure, we recommend you order the larger size.
Trying them on for the first time and what if they don’t fit me?
When you buy footwear from Western Boot Barn, be careful to choose the size that you think is right for you. When you try them on for the first time, do it on a carpet so as not to damage the sole. It sometimes helps to put a plastic bag over your foot to more easily slide into a new pair of boots. If they feel comfortable but firm on the foot then that should be OK as the upper will relax. Don’t worry if there is slippage at the heel as that is normal in a new pair of boots. As you wear them in and the boots relax to the shape of your feet, that slippage goes away. However, if your toes are pressing against the end of the shoe or there is too much gap at the heel then you probably need to get a different size. In that case, you will find a form with your new boots explaining how to return them for exchange. We will happily send you another pair of a different size of your choosing, as long as the product you return is in the same good condition as you received them, in the original packaging and all packed within a large outer envelope for protection.
Please call us on 02 8039 2252 if you have any questions.
Mens Size Chart
Ladies Size Chart